What is Matcha Tea?
The process for making Matcha begins while the green tea leaves are still growing. The plants are sheltered from the sunlight prior to harvesting to increase chlorophyll and amino acid content. This also improves the flavor of the tea and gives it the brilliant bright green color.
Once the tea leaves have been harvested, steamed, and dried, it is ground into a fine powder that can be mixed with water or milk. Unlike most green teas that are removed after brewing, Matcha is consumed entirely providing 137x more antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals than other teas. This results in significant health benefits.
Powerful healing benefits
1) Beneficial in weight loss efforts - green tea Catechins activate the bodys thermogenic fat burning activity. Macha also contains epegallocalechin gallate which increases the hormone CCK . This hormone is responsible for making you feel full. It is easy to understand how the increased metabolism, fat burning capability, and reduction in hunger generated by drinking Matcha Tea can absolutely have positive effects on weight loss efforts.
2) Heart Health - Studies have shown that those who drink Matcha Tea on a regular basis have lower levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase levels of HDL (good) cholesterol. This helps reduce the risk of heart disease, heart attack, and stroke.
3) Antioxidant Powerhouse - Matcha Tea is packed full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. It contains vitamin A (carotene), B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin, B3 (niacin), vitamin C, vitamin F (fluorine), vitamin P (flavonoids) all of which have many health benefits including improved skin, hair,and nails, improved digestion, eliminates free radicals, improves metabolism, improved vision, and more.
Matcha contains minerals such as selenium, chrominum, zinc, and magnesium. Not to mention it has high levels of dietary fiber.
4) Helps prevent cancer - Mathcha is high in Eppigallocatechin 3 Gallate (EGCG), a catechin that has been shown to have anti-cancer properties. Studies have shown EGCG to be effective against prostate, skin, liver, lung, and breast cancers.
5) Anti-inflammatory effects - Matcha Tea contains polyphenols, compounds from plants that contain strong anti-inflammatory effects. Recent studies show these polyphenols help preserver cartilage and bone. Another antioxidant (EGCG) found in green tea blocks the production of molecules that cause joint damage in people with rheumatoid arthritis. Drinking Matcha Tea will help slow down the progression of rheumatoid arthritis.
6) Protects the liver - Studies show that drinking Matcha Tea reduces liver enzyme levels which reduces the risk of liver disease.
7) Reduces mental and Physical Stress - L-theanine, a rare amino acid found in Matcha Tea crosses the blood-brain barrier and promotes relaxation while reducing both mental and physical stress.
8) Great for your skin - The catechins in green tea work to slow down signs of aging by trapping deactive free radicals. The anti-inflammatory properties reduces redness associated with rosacea and acne.
9) Powerful detoxifier - Matcha Tea has high levels of chlorophyll due to being shade grown. Chlorophyll has powerful detoxifying properties which enhance the body's ability to eliminate heavy metals and chemicals.
10) Improves focus and brain function - L-theanine boosts the production of alpha waves in the brain which encourages relaxation and mental clarity. Researchers found that consuming Matcha Tea improves attention, reaction time, and memory.
11) Energy without the jitters - Matcha tea doesn't give you the jitters like other other drinks containing caffeine. The combination of caffeine and L-theanine in Matcha provides a stable and extended boost of energy without the jitters. The caffeine gives you a boost while the L-theanine provides a calming effect. A single cup gives you a boost of steady energy for 3-6 hours whereas the energy received from a cup of coffee comes in a short 30 minute to 1 hour burst.
Matcha is made from the entire tea leaf making it pack a more concentrated amount of antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds.
Studies have revealed a variety of health benefits from weight loss to preventing cancer to reducing the risk of heart disease.
Best of all, Matcha tea is easy to make and can be easily incorporated into your daily routine. Find quality organic Matcha here, https://revitalizedspirit.com/collections/organic-japanese-matcha.